Saturday, June 30, 2012

~TARTE-Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush~

TARTE Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush

**A Product Review**

This is what the front looks like
 Pretty, Pretty Packaging





This is what the back looks like
I got it in adored

What is it?

According to Sephora, it is "A long-wearing, solar-baked blush that lasts up to 12 hours."

What it claims to do:

Infused with natural clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun, this nutrient-rich blush benefits all skin types for a fade-free flawless finish for an amazing 12 hours. Inspired by Tarte's bestselling shades of cheek stains and lip tints, the colors range from soft to vivid to suit a wide variety of skintones. For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place. Those with dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture. 


This is what the actual products looks like
DESPITE ALL THE SHIMMER, YOU WILL NOT LOOK LIKE YOU WERE ATTACKED BY TINK WHEN YOU WEAR IT! :)
My thoughts: 

I've been searching for an everyday blush that is pigmented, lasts long and can be worn during the day, but still have a tad bit of shimmer.  This was mentioned by TiffanyD so when I saw it, I thought i'd give it a try.  I really like that it is pigmented and shows on my skin, but its overpowering or clown like.  It does last longer than other blushes I've used but I wouldn't agree that it lasts 12 hours, maybe six.  In an air-conditioned environment.  


 
This is what the swatch looks like on my arm, which has also been baking in the sun

One thing to note is when I first purchased it, it appeared overly glittery which isn't how it was at the store.  When I started using it however, it became more subtle.  Another cool thing is that the compact part where the blush sits actually swirls.  Not sure what the purpose of that is, but it is interesting.

 Would I recommend:

I would.  Unlike my Beneift Bella Bamba, its more appropriate for wear during the day.  Its not too shimmery and its just the right amount of color against my face, which is on the tan side.  I have been wearing it everyday since I purchased it.  One thing I don't like though is that its hard to apply with my fingers because the container swirls.  It's odd, you have to check it out to understand.  Maybe that is a good thing because I shouldn't be applying blush with my fingers ; p ... I need to get some makeup brushes and apply this bad boy like a pro!


Last but certainly not least:

**KUDOS TO TARTE FOR BEING CRUELTY FREE!!**



For more info on this product click here.  For details on the nail shenanigans, click here. For My current giveaway, click here.


Comments/Questions/Feedback:

As always, I love to read your comments/feedback. and reply. Please leave them in the comments section along with your link so I can come visit your blog, if you have one.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed this post!!

~Leila
 



FTC-I purchased this product.  All opinions are my own. 

16 comments:

  1. I've always thought about trying this blush, but I haven't. I might just have to pick it up now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol swatch it and play with the swivel part to see if you like it! I just found out it comes in a mate formula as well...now I want that one too lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you! haha I love matte products!

      Delete
  3. This looks like a gorgeous blush! I'd love to see it on!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its puuuurty! I wear it everyday :) I heart makeup !!!!!

      Delete
  4. That blush looks so pretty! :) New follower xx
    Beauty by Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm now following you as well!! Love your blog :)

      Delete
  5. I just adore the packaging for the Tarte Blushers. These are on my wishlist for purchase when I travel to USA later this year. It's so hard trying to decide what colours to get though, so thank you for the swatches Leila x.k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very welcome!! Wish I can come to the UK and go makeup shopping :) .. maybe one day

      Delete
  6. Cute blusher, I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! I have tried the Tarte Amazonian Clay eye shadows and liner and have been wondering if the blush is worth getting... I usually wear Nars Torrid blush every day. It's not too bright pink against my skin tone and has the right amount of shimmer for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg! I dont know what has been keeping me from Nars but I hear so many good things about them. I should def. check them out..I will try the Torrid..its not always easy to get blush that actually shows up on my skin cuz im darker : / so thanks for the tip!!!

      Delete
  8. beautiful!!!!hope you can check out my blog :D x blanchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leila! love the blush colour, thank you a lot for the ncie commentt on my blog, you are welcome! now I follow you too ;-)

    a big hug from Italy, take a look and write to my blog when you want!

    http://lamakeupposa.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete